I just realized that rocks & stone lasts longer than anything we think of as “alive”, yet we in the west consider them dead. Inferior. Stupid rocks!
Wouldn’t it make sense that in the “alive” scale, rocks have WAYYYYY more life than humans? We die in about a 100 years or less. Stone? Oh, a few millennia? Maybe longer?
But the reeeeally trippy thing is that I am not tripping. I’m “stone cold” sober, if you will.
I WANT TO REGISTER A COMPLAINT AGAINST MY HOROSCOPE, WHICH SAYS I COMPLAIN TOO MUCH. (TO MAKE UP FOR MY COMPLAINGING, HERE’S A COMPLIMENT: ROB BREZSNY’S HOROSCOPES ARE HIGHLY ENTERTAINING AND SURPRISINGLY FREE OF DRIPPY, SACCHARINE-SWEET NEW-AGEY LIMPNESS).
p.s. this picture makes me so happy that as soon as i get my van, i am going to decoupage the side of it with this attractive african-american aries body-builder.
ARIES (March 21-April 19): The coming week is likely to be abnormally free of worries and frustrations. I’m afraid that means you’re not going to have as much right to complain as you usually do. Can you handle that? Or will you feel bereft when faced with the prospect of having so little to grumble about? Just in case, I’ve compiled a list of fake annoyances for you to draw on.
1. “My iPhone won’t light my cigarette.”
2. “The next tissue in my tissue box doesn’t magically poke out when I take one.”
3. “I want some ice cream, but I overstuffed myself at dinner.”
4. “I saw a hipster wearing a shirt I donated to the Salvation Army and now I want it back.”
5. “I ran out of bottled water and now I have to drink from the tap.”
6. “My cat’s Facebook profile gets more friend requests than me.”
7. “I tried to spread cold butter on my toast and the bread ripped.”
8. “I was really comfortable but I thought I could be really really comfortable so I adjusted and now I can’t get back to my original level of comfort.”
9. ”When people tell me I should feel grateful for all I have instead of complaining all the time, I feel guilty.”
Just read your entire Ole Honey Bear story. Pretty sure you explained the untold history of that HoneyBear in the "SOON" meme (Google it!). ❍ᴥ❍
Wow- kudos for reading the whole darn thing! It’s long. And weird. And this whole “SOON” meme thing is all new to me. I googled it, and I’m still so confused! Am I supposed to post pictures of my honey bear somewhere with the word “SOON” scribbled on it? I feel old all of a sudden. :-) Thanks for writing!!!